Thursday, January 1, 2015



Time rolled over, from 2014 to 2015. We’re all blessed to witness yet another one. Folks all over the world hurdled close to family members and friends to count down and bid 2014 farewell and ring in 2015. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Horns toot, music blasts at parties, church bells go off, so do fire crackers in neighborhoods all over and fire works from cities that can still afford it. No one is left out. The young and the restless as well at the old and feeble all partake. All are in high spirits. It’s the high point of the season. San Francisco Embarcadero is a sea of heads, same goes for all major cities around the world including Times Square New York where crowds await the ball drop all 141ft and come to a rest at midnight on the dot signifying the official beginning of the United States eastern time New Year. Hosted by the legendary Dick Clark as John Lennon’s ‘Imagine' bellows ‘Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. No hell below us. Above us only sky …’. This song honestly literally brings me to tears year after year. Don't know why, maybe it puts a lot of things into perspective. Marriage proposals, renewed promises and lip locks herald in the new year. Its January 1st. It’s also my wedding anniversary. The cycle continues. Time ticks on. The baton's been handed to a brand new year. Living in the west coast of the US, one of the last time zones in the world, we get to watch other cities and states transition into the new year. From Samoa, to New Zealand to Nigeria, to US eastern time, central time, pacific time and lastly Hawaii- Aleutian standard time. 

My family has a tradition of ringing in the New Year in Las Vegas. Watching fireworks right outside our suite at the Bellagio, or mingling ever so excitedly with the crowds on the Vegas strip. Fun either way. Not this year tho. We had a very quiet new year's eve. 

Lots of people have different traditions they follow on this eve. Some eat certain foods, others chant, some burn dummies, yet others see it as a very sacred time and just pray. I pray. And then I eat. Yes, I eat fruit cake and drink champagne most of the day in celebration. I count my blessings as I eat more cake and drink more champagne. Then I do it all over again. LOL.

How did you celebrate? Did you attend any parties? I got together with friends in the daytime then attended a party briefly later on. All in this beautiful ruffle top, serious waist cinching, bubble bottom dress that is packed with sparkles to match my glass of bubbly. I got even more party pretty wearing gold sandals in tune with the season. It’s still the glitzy glam season after all. To get me from day to night look, I switched my makeup from more lips, less eyes to more eyes less lips and added a gold clutch. 

I got home just in time to count down. And release not butterflies but the shoes from the tree. Midnight magic. 

"I am the new year. I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.
I am your next chance at the art of living. I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life in the last 12 months. 
All that you sought and didn't find is hidden in me, waiting for you to search it but with more determination.
All the good that you tried for and didn't achieve is mine to grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.
All that you dreamed but didn't dare to do, all that you hoped but did not will, all the faith you claimed but did not have - these slumber lightly waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.
I am your opportunity to renew your allegiance to Him who said, 'Behold, I make all things new'".

Keep thinking purple thoughts, 

Happy New Year World,  One Love...

Outfit Deets
Dress By Naeem Khan
Lady Peep Sling Back Glitter By Christian Louboutin
Necklace By Lele Sadoughi

19 comments:

  1. Cute dress! Where did you get it from? dearkoren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from Neiman Marcus. It's a hand embroidered piece by Naeem Khan. So exquisite live, little wonder A listers and even Mitchell Obama are huge devotees. Happy New Year and thanks Koren.

      Delete
    2. O wow top of the line!!! You look beautiful in it!!! and Happy New Year to your 2!!(:

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Idu. Beautiful dress. Your gold metallic shoes remind me of my own golden metallic heels. I love this post. It summarizes why the celebration of a New Year is so important to many people.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure means different things to different people. Thanks a lot and Happy New Year Sharon. I'm sure you love your gold shoes as much as I love mine, :)...

      Delete
  3. Oh My! You look amazing. Love everything about this look.Hope you had a great new year.
    www.effortlesslady. com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Diana! I sure did have a splendid time. You? Thanks a lot. Blessings in 2015 and beyond...

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness what a great post. These pictures are just indescribably amazing! Also, that dress is absolutely fabulous and I need one like that in my closet! You look great! Happy New Year and I hope this year brings you lots of love, happiness, good health, and success!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, the dress is amazing, I'm in love. The pictures are lovely :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2015/01/happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sense of style! amazing dress and makeup!
    Xox,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Idu, that dress is amazing! The craftsmanship is beautifully intricate & perfect to ring in the new year. Happy 2015! May it bring you even more happiness and success :)

    Yvonne
    Dear Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and wish you all the best for 2015!!
    After a long break I am officially back and thank you so much for your support!! I deeply appreciate it ;)
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory
    @MyLyfeMyStoryBlog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you & your family. Wow Idu!! You look stunning as usual. You have to share your fitness & beauty secrets. Love the photography girl...!
    www.sushmareddystudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you look amazing and photos are gorgeous . Love the dress too. http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress and the colors blend nicely with your skin. Perfect combination. I don't know if this is my favorite outfit of you yet.
    You inspire dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you lady! That dress is pretty amazing. You looked so gorgeous!! Kisses!

    Ro
    www.twentyeightvia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your dress!!!

    http://www.thefashionprincess.it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Idu, have you ever been told how gorgeous you are? Your dress, your style- UNIQUE! Love this dress and this post. Happy New Year friend!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute dress! This is perfect for any kind of party. You look stunning in this. I am going to attend French wedding at some local party venues Houston TX. I would love to buy a dress from this designer. Thanks for reference!

    ReplyDelete